Please see below for online learning links and information. Please use the left hand menu for Year group specific learning.
The New Zealand Government has launched four online safety videos illustrating the different challenges for parents online. These can be found by clicking on this link https://www.keepitrealonline.govt.nz/.
- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ - we have limited free access to this resource. You will need to register to gain free access.
- https://www.mymaths.co.uk/ - all children should have their username and password - there is an initial login page which they will need to input the school username and school password before their individual login (my portal username). Please contact the Class Teacher or office if you cannot access this or have misplaced details.
- https://new.edmodo.com/?go2url=%2Fhome - all children should have login information for this - this should have been done individually in the Autumn term; or a new one created for them with their Class Teacher. Please let us know if you have misplaced or forgotten login details.
- https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/support-for-parents/underwear-rule/ - NSPCC's PANTS rule advice and guide to help to talk to your child to help keep them safe.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6r99N3kXME - Joe Wicks (the body coach) is running workouts for kids .
- https://vimeo.com/channels/picturenews - Picture News Virtual Assembly.
- https://www.bakerross.co.uk/ - Baker Ross has a 'Creative Station' (scroll down their web page) for craft ideas and step-by-step guides.
- https://new.phonicsplay.co.uk/ - Great for Reception Class, KS1 and Year 3. Username is march20 and password is home.
- https://www.girlguiding.org.uk/what-we-do/adventures-at-home/ - GirlGuiding UK "Adventures at Home"
- https://www.scouts.org.uk/the-great-indoors/ - The Scout Association's "the great indoors"
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ - Discover expert advice, educational resources and free eBooks to support children's learning at primary school and at home, from Oxford University Press.
Here’s what various celebrities are offering you and your kids for free each day to help with their education while schools are closed:
- Maths with Carol Vorderman: Try free sessions and games to help keep maths fun.
- Cooking with Jamie Oliver: 6 brilliant recipes to get kids cooking! What will you try today?
- Music with Myleene Klass Twice a week with the next session being 1 pm Friday 27th March. Classes can be watched back at any time on YouTube.
- Geography with Steve Backshall https://twitter.com/SteveBackshall/status/1242058846941712385
- https://www.youtube.com/user/maddiemoate - Science with Maddie Moate
Simple 15 minute activities to do with your child
Click on the links below for each activity pack. Every link contains two 15-minute activities to do with a child:
Learn to code a cake with BT https://www.bt.com/codeacake
- https://www.audible.co.uk/?source_code=M2M30DFT1BkSH1015140051&ds_rl=1235674&ipRedirectOverride=true - Audible, downloadable books.
Further links for useful websites:
- https://mysteryscience.com - Free science lessons
- https://thekidshouldseethis.com - Educational videos
- https://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse - online videos on many subjects
- https://www.youtube.com/user/crashcoursekids - online videos on many subjects for younger users
- https://www.crestawards.org/ - science awards you can complete from home
- https://idea.org.uk/ - Digital enterprise award scheme you can complete online
- https://www.pawprintfamily.com/ - Free challenge packs and other downloads. Many activities can be completed indoors.
- https://www.khanacademy.org/ - Especially good for maths and computing for all ages - other subjects at Secondary level
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize - all subjects at primary, secondary
- https://www.futurelearn.com/ - Free access to courses, payment only for upgrade (own account from age 14+, younger users can use parent account)
- https://www.senecalearning.com/ - For those revising GCSE or A Level
- https://www.open.edu/openlearn/ - all subjects
- https://artfulparent.com/ - free art activities
- https://www.redtedart.com/ - easy arts and craft activities
- https://theimaginationtree.com/ - creative art and craft activities
- https://toytheater.com/ - interactive educational games
- https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/ - activities and quizzes
- https://www.dltk-kids.com/ - crafts, colouring, worksheets and activities
- https://www.activityvillage.co.uk/ - crafts, colouring, worksheets and activities